Friday, September 19, 2008

Perfect Ending in Hong Kong


My time in Hong Kong ended with a bang! I met up with a couple of people I'm acquainted with there (Expats from the states and Australia) and they took me to a popular and very posh haunt called Sevva bar which had an amazing view of the harbor, cityscape, and laser show that the city puts on every night. We then made our way to Lan Kwai Fong and Soho ( yeah, they too have their version of the infamous city section) where the streets merged with the interiors of the bars and people were getting wild and having fun. The night ended at this funky, hidden bar (the type of place where a password and a secret knock is required) that resembled a french inspired bordello (like something out of a toulouse-lautrec painting) where luscious strawberry daiquiris in glasses coated in dark chocolate cocoa are served up. This is a side of Hong Kong I am sure I would have missed out on if it weren't for Michelle and Jeff. It was the perfect way to end the Hong Kong portion of the trip, in spite of the immense hangover (nothing the fresh air in Beijing can't help me though)!

No comments: