Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Great Wall, Awesome Day




I went for a hike upon the Great Wall and it was phenomenal! I was part of a small group of some very cool people (6 total- 2 Israelis, 2 Germans, 1 Brit, 1 Me) and we took on the less touristy and more challenging part of the wall from Jinshanling to Simati. This was also the oldest part of the wall, built during the Ming dynasty (1368 - 1644). The stairs up to the towers were unbelievably steep and the terrain precarious (so much so that I managed to come back from it with a scraped up and pretty nasty looking knee). Awesome...Awesome day overall! I'm not sure anything else that I will be doing in China will be able to top this.




1 comment:

EvilBeet said...

OMG soooo jealous! I'm glad you're having fun. I'm in China vicariously through you right now! Be safe and enjoy!

xoxo
Sasha