Monday, October 27, 2008

Thai Beach Retreat

I have never considered myself much of a beach person per se. The thought of laying in the wrinkle-inducing sun, staring at the waves of the turquoise sea as they crash on to the sandy beach always sounded quite boring. However, I am finding that I don't really mind this at all and, in fact, I may downright love it. My bungalow community is full of interesting people, there is a library for beach goers (mostly a sea of "chick lit" like Gossip Girl and nouveau Harlequin Romance type stuff, but I managed to fish out some Vonnegut as well as a well-seasoned copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance), and there is a great restaurant down the path that serves up some delicious seafood dishes, as well as any other type of fare you could possibly want. My IPod is full of good tunes, beach bag stocked with copious amounts of sunscreen and I am ready to dock myself for a while in Thailand, both in Ko Samet and later, in the south, in Ko Tao. I really should soak it up as, back in Seattle, I'll have to settle for my little sun lamp and will wish I'd never left this paradise.


Ko Samet Vs. Seattle
(It's going to be tough going back to a Seattle winter...)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an unbelievable picture : ) !