Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ever So Lovely, Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang, in Laos, is hands down one of my favorite stops in SE Asia. It is unbelievably chilled out (no excessive motor bike traffic here), the people are lovely, and everywhere you turn there are fantastic photo opportunities. I could have spent much longer here and hope that if I return someday it doesn't lose the peaceful atmosphere that I love so much. I spent a couple of days trekking and kayaking, the highlights of which were stumbling upon an elephant working in the forest and playing with all of the kids in the village we visited (see the picture of the boy we dubbed "Bat Man" as he was playing with a dead bat-which he kindly offered to let me hold, but I didn't- and sported his bat mask crafted from a plastic container). Of course I can't forget to mention the friends I've made along the way. I can't believe I ever worried about feeling alone and bored on this trip!





No comments: